Friday, April 15, 2022

Retiring Day #17

 Good Morning & Happy Fri-YAY!

Happy Good Friday to you as well!
Today it's feeling more like spring than the last couple of days.
It was so nice having temps close to 80 and letting the windows open and the fresh air blowing thru. Today, it's only to get to the mid 60's which is still nice but not nice enough to open windows. Do you have any plans for the Easter weekend?
I have all my cleaning, laundry & groceries all done so I hope to make an Angel Food cake for Easter and do some stamping! Shawn is going fishing tomorrow all day with a guy from work. It makes my heart happy to see him doing something he enjoys! I am thinking of starting up some stamping classes with my friends soon. I have not seen them since before Christmas and it would make my day to see them again. I have nothing planned yet so we will see.

Today is day #17 of sharing another card made with a retiring Stampin Up! stamp set.
This one uses the Hippo Happiness set with the coordinating Hippo & Friends Dies from page 62 of the current catalog. I have not used the stamp set much but those dies are worth their weight in gold in my opinion! I just love them and cannot believe they are going away!




Also on this card is the Hammered Metal 3D embossing folder which is also leaving us.
I hate when things go away because I feel like I can no longer use them but that is what makes my Stamp Day w/ Friends get togethers so nice. They do not order from me, we just get together, talk, laugh and make cards! So for me, this bundle will stay close at hand for many more cards to come in the future!

Card Details:

Stamps: Hippo Happiness
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight & Melon Mambo
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Basic White, Bright's DSP- Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Hippo & Friends Dies, Hammered Metal 3D EF, Iridescent Rhinestones, Pumpkin  Pie Taffeta Ribbon (retried), Glue Dot, Mini Dimensional, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I enjoyed creating this card and wanted something colorful & springy!
The DSP on here is from the Bright's Collection which is also retiring in these prints. 
2 of the butterflies are stamped directly onto my sentiment panel while the Melon Mambo one is diecut and popped up!

And on a personal note:

Miss Gigi's ashes came home on Wednesday.
I had a long cry and put her box on the shelf beside Fluffy's box.
I feel so much better now that she is home.




Until we meet again!
RIP Gigi 

**************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by today & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




No comments: