Friday, April 1, 2022

Retiring Stamp Day #5

 Hello & Happy Fri-YAY, Friends!

Happy April 1st, too!
The weekend is finally upon us!
Do you have any fun plans?
Not much happening here at the Aungst Pad and with gas prices thru the roof we do not go out running around like we use too! We filled the truck up last week...$98!!! Ouch!

Today is day #5 of sharing a project made with a Stampin Up! stamp set that is retiring.
I am using the Measure of Love set from page 32 of the current Stampin Up! catalog.
I ordered this set a few months ago to do a Stamp A Stack project and never followed thru with it. This is the first time I used it.






This is a fun set to color and has some nice sayings in it!
I must have stamped this image 4 times until I got it where I liked it.
I stamped it and started coloring it with my Stampin Blends and the ink bled so I pitched that one. Another time I left it dry but I did not like the color of my cupcakes so I pitched that one. Then again I stamped it, left it dry and had it all colored to where I liked it. Decided to add some sparkle on my cupcakes with my Wink of Stella marker. Wouldn't you know it...a big blob of Wink of Stella came out and ruined my image! Ughh! 3rd time was not a charm for this cutie! The saying I used on this one is from the Itty Bitty Birthday set that retired last year. I need some belated birthday cards for on my card rack so that is why I used that set. And after the Wink of Stella incident I did not try to use it again.

I left the inside blank until I find a sentiment to put in there.

Card Details:

Stamps: Measure of Love
Ink: Memento Black, Misty Moonlight, Stampin Blends-Pool Party & Pale Papaya
Cardstock: Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Basic White, Pattern Party DSP
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Scallop Contour Dies, Circle Layering Framelits, Misty Moonlight Enamel Dots (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I am pleased with how it turned out after all that chaos!
Also retiring on my card is the Pattern Party DSP.
I have alot of this left that I will continue to use because I just love the prints & patterns in it. If you have a chance to get this paper...do it! It's so pretty!

*******************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & make it a great day!
~Wendy



1 comment:

Carol L said...

That's a sweet belated birthday card with all those little cupcakes! I like how you colored everything and used that great designer paper for the background! NJ! WHEW! That's a whole lotta $$$ for gas isn't it?!