Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Peekaboo Treat Bags

 Good Monday Morning, Everyone!

I hope you had a nice weekend!
Can you believe that Christmas is just a few short days away?!
Us crafters have been working on Christmas for months so it's hard to believe that it's almost here! We've had a very cold weekend and did some last minute shopping. I got all my gifts wrapped and under the tree except one big box for Ryan. It's a heavy one, too! I will need Shawn's help for that one! 

How are you doing with your Christmas preparations?
I am happy where i'm at with mine and later this week I will make a homemade pumpkin pie for dessert.
I planned out my holiday meals last week. My freezers are stuffed full!
 Meatball subs and a cheese tray for Christmas Eve. The usual turkey with all the fixings for Christmas Day. New Year's Eve will be steamed shrimp. And our New Year's Day tradition of Pork & Sauerkraut with mashed potatoes. 

I am almost ready for the holiday hoopla to be over.
Last night was the last Hallmark Channel Christmas movie of the season.
It was a new one for Hanukkah. I did not stay up to watch it but hope to catch a repeat later this week. I have seen all but 5 of their new movies this season. Not bad out of 40! 
Their Christmas movies will run up until January 1st so maybe I will see those 5 I missed.


Ok, let's get to some stamping now!
I have a sweet treat to share today using the Peekaboo Treat Bags again!

Bag #1 are made with the Silver & Gold DSP from the last SaleABRation offerings.
I have 4 packs of this DSP that I was saving to use for some New Year's cards but decided since the wrapper on my Ghiradelli Candies was Gold I need to use some of it for my treat bags! My sentiment is heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and I used the Framed & Festive stamp set. Each treat bag has 2 Ghiradelli Snowmen in and these are Caramel & Milk Chocolate. I also added some of those Wonderful Snowflakes to each bag! Love these!



Bag #2 uses some Storybook Gnomes DSP since it matched the wrapper on my Ghiradelli candies. The candies are Milk Chocolate and I stamped my sentiment in Pacific Point.



Bag #3 uses paper from the Sweetest Christmas DSP. The candy is Peppermint Bark. My sentiment was stamped in Real Red ink.



I love how these turned out. I made up 5 of each color for a total of 15 treat bags.
I have used up all the treat bags that I had on hand. I will most likely get more as I really love them! The tops are like a ziplock bag and they are food safe which makes for a great treat holder!

*********************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy





2 comments:

D'Ann said...

Oh my goodness, Wendy. These bags are the cutest! I don't have any on hand but I will be ordering some now. Definitely super duper cute and they turned out so nice! TFS :)

Carol L said...

You are so clever to use matching designer paper to your candy snowmen, and they all look so darned cute! I love the sentiments and snowflakes on each one - you did a great job on all of them! Hopefully you'll get to see your missed shows over the holidays too! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead! Hugs!