Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Beauty of the Season

 Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!

Yesterday was a very dreary, rainy day and today is looking like much of the same.
I don't have much to do today so I may try to let my hands rest.
I'm all ready for my Stamp Day w/ Friends get together on Saturday other than getting my table ready which I will do on Friday. My Christmas treats need to be priced yet which I may do today and get that out of the way. Once Saturday is over I can then concentrate on Christmas! 

I finished up Audrey's card order yesterday, too!
She requested 3 packs of Christmas cards including the set I am sharing today using a retired set called Beauty of the Season from 2014. She wanted a set with a cardinal.





Card Details:

Stamps: Beauty of the Season (retired), Framed & Festive
Ink: Memento Black, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin Blends - Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Basic White
Accessories: Timeworn Type 3D EF, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Scalloped Contour Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Stamparatus, Linen Thread, Holiday Rhinestones (retired), Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I used my Stamparatus to stamp my cardinal image because it is a big image and on my first try without the Stamparatus I missed the whole middle section. The Stamparatus is wonderful for that! I am finding myself using this tool more & more!
Coloring of this image isn't too bad but my hands don't like it.
Everything on this card is adhered flat except for my tag with the Merry Christmas on it.
I looked for some Cherry Cobbler Ribbon to put on my tag that was not bulky and had no luck. I used the Linen Thread which gives this a nice country feel and certainly does not bulk up my card. Lastly, I pulled out the Holiday Rhinestones (which were just on the Clearance Rack) and I used 2 Cherry Cobbler on my card for a bit of sparkle!

Again, I mixed old & new products which I always say is like breathing new life into those retired stamps! If you have them, use them!

*****************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy




1 comment:

Vicki said...

So pretty...I love that cardinal!