Sunday, February 28, 2021

Butterfly Thank You Card

 Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

Yesterday we saw some sunshine in the afternoon but I don't think it's going to happen today as they are saying rain most of the day! 
Today I have a Thank You card to share made using the So Sentimental stamp set with matching Stitched So Sweetly Dies. It also uses some Field & Flowers DSP from the 2021 SaleABration Catalog!





If I remember correctly this style of card is called a Collar Fold.
I have not made one in a very long time.
It's a great way to showcase both sides of your DSP.
My sentiment is from the So Sentimental stamp set and it is diecut from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies that coordinate with it. I stamped the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink onto Just Jade cardstock.
My butterflies are from the Butterfly Gala stamp set. 
They are stamped with Misty Moonlight ink onto Seaside Spray cardstock and punched out with the Butterfly Duet Punch.
I added them to my card with Dimensionals and added some Rhinestones to give it some sparkle!

On the last picture I decided to take a scrap piece of DSP and adhere it to the flap on my envelope.
I just hope it holds up going thru the mail system!


Card Details:

Stamps: So Sentimental, Butterfly Gala
Ink: Shaded Spruce, Misty Moonlight
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Just Jade, Field & Flowers DSP (SAB 21)
Accessories: Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Butterfly Duet Punch, Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


This card will stay on hand for when I am in need of another Thank You card!
I seem to be going thru them quicker than I can make them here lately!

*****************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your Sunday no matter what you do!
~Wendy




3 comments:

Carol L said...

This is very pretty and I don't think I've ever seen this fold before but I like it a lot! It really is a great way to showcase double-side pretty papers like this and I will have to case it one day soon! I relate to the sweatpants and coffee Sundays too! I'm chilling indoors with sweatpants and I'm ready for a refill on some coffee with a touch of Baileys :)

Janice M said...

Very pretty card! I was thinking the other day that I needed to do this layout again! Been seeing lots of cards made with it again. It is a great way to use that pretty double sided paper when you have a piece that you love both sides off!! Stay dry! Guess we can be thankful it's rain and not snow?!But boy is it ever MUDDY! LOL

Vicki Burdick said...

What a fun card! Love this!