Sunday, February 21, 2021

Darling Donkeys

 Hello & Happy Sunday!

Hope your all having a nice weekend!
The sun is shining here brightly but don't let that fool you.....it's very cold!
Yesterday our high temp only got to the mid 20's and today it's to be low 30's. 
Tomorrow more snow & rain is in the forecast.

Today I have a cute card to share made using the Darling Donkeys set from SaleABration!
At first I did not care for this set because I have some of the older animal sets and never used them.
Then I started seeing lots of cute things done with them so I ordered them. Took me awhile to finally ink them up but now I am glad I got them! They make for some cute projects!




I decided to use this set to make a Thank You card since it's one card I really need!
I also used a fun fold called a Corner Fold which is new to me.
This style fold you use cardstock measuring 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
then once you burnish your cardstock you got to the right hand corner and measure down with a ruler to 3 1/2 and make a tic mark with a pencil. Then the top from the corner over you measure 3 1/2 and make another tic mark. Then you put the front of your card into the paper trimmer and score from one tic mark to the other and that creates your corner fold. Burnish that score mark down and decorate.

I decorated my corner fold flaps with 2 separate pieces that I diecut from the Ornate Borders Dies then added my donkey panel. I colored my Donkey with Gray Granite Stampin Blends and his face with Petal Pink Stampin Blends.

Card Details:

Stamps: Darling Donkeys (SAB 21), Curvy Celebrations (inside)
Ink: Memento Black, Bermuda Bay, Gray Granite & Petal Pink Stampin Blends
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Oh So Ombre DSP (SAB 21)
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Ornate Border Dies, Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Glue Dot, Rhinestones, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

I think this turned out to be a cute Thank You card and it will mail flat!

*************************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy



4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This IS super cute, Wendy, especially in that pretty color! Enjoy your sunshine today!

Carol L said...

That really is a cute donkey and I like that corner fold too with the lace around the folded corner! Great colors and a fun design! The sun was out but I stayed inside because of the cold! Raise your hand if you're ready for spring? LOL

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet, I love that donkey and the corner fold! I wasn't keen on the Donkey set at first either but after using it a few times I really like it!

Janice M said...

Cute! I didn't care for them in the begining either but they are growing on me. I like your fun fold.