Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Love What You Do

Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!

Today is to be a nice day for a change with lots of sunshine and mid 50's for temps!
I am looking forward to it and hope it melts a good bit of snow that we still have.
Spring is just around the corner!

Today I have a set of Thank You cards to share made using retired Pretty Papers DSP.
The stamp set just retired last year called Love What You Do.
I purchased it off of Ebay last Fall and was surprised that the set was never inked.  






These cards were made for my card lady last week and she has already called me with another card order. She sends out lots of cards each week. I think she uses them as fast as I make them!

My card starts with a Mint Macaron card base. 
I pulled the colors from the 2 pieces of DSP.
Next I used a layer Very Vanilla cardstock and ran it thru the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textile 3d EF. 
It is my absolute favorite embossing folder because I love the texture that it brings to my cards!
The next layer is Mint Macaron DSP that measured 2 X 4 1/2.
Then I added another piece of DSP. I'm not sure the measurement as it was left over from another project. 
Lastly, I stamped my sentiment in Basic Black Archival ink which is now retired but I wanted a dark black color. Memento Ink does not stand up to this black as it's looks washed out.
I diecut my sentiment out with the Oval Layering Framelits and layered it onto a Basic Black Scallop Oval. I took some Black Enamel Dots from the retired Monster Bash Suite and added just 1 to each card to finish them up!


Card Details:

Stamps: Love What You Do (retired)
Ink: Basic Black Archival (retired)
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pretty Papers DSP (retired)
Accessories: Tasteful Textile 3D EF, Oval Layering Framelits, Monster Bash Basic Black Enamel Dots (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


My card lady loved them!
I know my pictures are a bit dark.
We've not had much sunshine in the last couple of weeks as it seemed like it snowed every other day!
It also does not help that my stamp room is in the basement with a very small window.
I'm not complaining as I love my stamp space, just hate the lack of natural daylight.

************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & enjoy this beautiful day!
~Wendy


5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ah, some of my absolute favorite DSP...which I am hoarding and won't use because I love it so much! Isn't that silly? Very pretty thank you cards for sure!

Carol L said...

Those papers are so pretty and I think it's wonderful that your card lady mails out so many cards to cheer people! That really is a great embossing folder too! I hope you did something fun today and enjoyed this gorgeous day! I was wearing a hoodie over a t-shirt and was actually too warm with the hoodie on!!

Janice M said...

This is a pretty set of cards! I like that paper alot. I agree Memento ink isn't my favorite either but needed to color with copics. I try to use my Misti with it so i can give it more than one layer of ink. Doesn't work/help with wooden stamps though. Your lady does her part to keep the PO in business! She must bring lots of smiles to the recipents! The weather sure has brought out my Spring fever!!! Hope it's here to stay!

D'Ann said...

So pretty! I had been thinking of making a "wonky" dsp layered card and this is great!

Vicki said...

Beautiful set. I love that paper!