Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Card Order

 Hello & Happy Tuesday!

For the next couple of days I am going to share cards that I made for my recent card order.
My card lady does not mind me using my retired stash of stuff and always tells me to use it.
I do like to throw some of the newer stuff in there every once in awhile!
Today's cards use a retired set but in my opinion a great set from a few years ago called Happy Birthday, Gorgeous. Again, I left the paper do all the work because it's perfect for a Happy Birthday card!






I love Stampin Up! products but sometimes they retire things way too fast and things don't get used as fast so we have lots of stuff left. I try my hardest to use up my older things and times mixing it with new things. I'm sure we all have the same issue, right?!

This card starts out with a Berry Burst cardbase (remember that In Color from 2017?) Then I added a layer of Coastal Cabana that matched my Picture Perfect Party DSP nicely. I cut up 2 different prints from that pack of paper for my card to give it some interest then a piece of Berry Burst Metallic Edge Ribbon (retired) to cover where the 2 pieces meet. My sentiment comes from the Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set and was stamped with Berry Burst ink and diecut out with a Circle Layering Framelit and layered onto a Berry Burst Scallop Circle. It sat nicely over top the ribbon & DSP. I kept everything flat for easier mailing for my card lady. Lastly, I added a Berry Burst Glittered Enamel Dot that is retired as well.

My card lady loved these and said that she could use them for a man or a woman's birthday!
She sends many & many cards out each week to friends, family and her church congregation. 
She is certainly a breath of fresh air and always brightens my day when I see her!
She is one of those types of people that makes the world a better place!

Card Details:

Stamps: Happy Birthday, Gorgeous
Ink: Berry Burst (retired)
Cardstock: Berry Burst (retired), Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Picture Perfect Party DSP (retired)
Accessories: Circle Layering Framelits, Berry Burst Metallic Edge Ribbon (retired), Glittered Enamel Dots (retired), Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I always enjoying getting out the old stuff and breathing new life into them!
If you could only see how much "old" stuff I have! LOL

Hope you liked this set, too!

*********************************************
My thoughts today...



Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!
~Wendy




3 comments:

Carol L said...

I do remember Berry Burst and have practically a whole pack of it in my collection! SU! does retire things too quickly and I also have a room just packed with retired SU! schtuff! I try to use it and am on a buying hold until some of it gets used. These cards are so festive and fun and they'd make anyone smile with all the fun images and colors! Nicely done!

Vicki Burdick said...

That Paper is so cool, I do not remember it, must have been out during my down time! Love these cards so much!!!

Janice M said...

Pretty set of cards! Love that color sorry i missed getting some.