Monday, February 1, 2021

Roses Are Red...

 Hello & Happy Monday!

I'm so over the cold and now snow & sleet we're experiencing today!
The last several weeks we had temps in the 40's & 50's and I was happy with that!
The very cold came in and it just drives my back crazy.
I have osteoarthritis in the facet joints in my lower back and it really does not take much to make it ache.
Anyways, it's just a yukky kind of day so I am going to go work on some stamp projects before Shawn gets in from work.

I have a Valentines Day cards to share today that I made with a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches from last year. This is the card I made back in November and I really loved the sketch so I wanted to use it again for some Valentines cards!


Here is my new card using that same sketch...


This card started out with a Real Red cardbase then a layer of Whisper White that was run thru the Big Shot with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Next I used a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folders that are now retired. They will stay in my collection for awhile as I love them!
Next I added a piece of From My Heart Specialty DSP from last year. I think it was cut at 3 3/4 x 3 then cut on the diagonal. I layered that over top of the Flirty Flamingo & Whisper White panels. I punched those pretty hearts from the same package of DSP and laid one flat and the other is popped up with dimensionals,
My sentiment comes from the Heartfelt stamp set which is still current. 
I stamped it on Whisper White in Real Red ink and diecut it with the Ornate Frames Dies.
I added a piece of Real Red Twine and some Red Rhinestones and called it done!

Card Details:

Stamps: Heartfelt
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, From My Heart Specialty DSP (retired)
Accessories: Heart Punch Pack, Wrapped in Texture EF, Tastefully Textile 3D EF, Ornate Frames Dies, Red Twine, Red Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue


I actually made a few cards like this but all are a bit different!
I will share them later this week so make sure to stop back!

I was pretty pleased with this and I hope you like it, too!

*******************************************************
My thoughts today...


Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
~Wendy









3 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love this layout and I recognize that pretty Valentine's paper! I am saving this sketch because I LOVE it! Hope your back feels better soon. It is some crazy weather for sure....now it's snowing again!

Carol L said...

Great take on an old twist, and it turned out fabulous! Those hearts look so pretty with that great design and I love all the itty bitty hearts in the dsp! Two days of precipitation in the way of snow, sleet, and rain, and more of the same all night into tomorrow. I can almost walk as my knees don't like this weather either! Warm hugs coming your way today!

D'Ann said...

Loved it so much that I looked for my dsp and punches (that have never been used)! It's very pleasing to the eye and I kept staring at all the elements of the card. Stay warm!